What is this course about?
We have a different commercial negotiation and commercial agreements course under our general management training courses. This one is designed to ensure that there is a proper return on investment evaluation rather than a focus on the skills involved in commercial negotiation.
Key topics covered
- Analysis of costs involved in negotiation
- Other approaches that may be more cost effective
- What to focus on in agreements
- How to review current approaches
- How to develop new approaches
- Monitoring the approaches across the company.
Who would benefit?
- Board members
- Senior management
- Awareness of the hidden costs in commercial negotiations and agreements
- Creation of plans to deal with those costs
- Outlining of the review processes that can be used to ensure greater cost effectiveness in commercial negotiations and agreements.
- Greater confidence in dealing with negotiation
- Greater understanding of the costs involved
- Better focus on more productive approaches
- Greater confidence in dealing with the issues that arise
- Much more tightly focused contracts
- Better understanding of what win-win actually means in practice
- A better, stronger and more productive relationship between contracting parties.
Key topics covered
1. Analysis of costs involved in negotiation:
- Time versus return
- What are the costs – legal, timeliness, commercial, opportunity
- Understanding the return on that investment
2. What other methods might be more cost effective
- Simpler supplier relationships
- Frame agreements
3. The most important areas
- The objectives of the relationship
- The return on investment of time and effort
- Opportunity costs and how to evaluate them
- The exit clause
4. Review of current practice
- What is actually done – as opposed to what is thought is done
- Identifying areas that generate costs and evaluating their value
- Identifying areas that can be eliminated
- Identifying areas that need to have renewed focus
- Significant other elements of costs
- Evaluation of the return on that investment
5. Developing new approaches
- Objectives in doing so
- What can be eliminated
- What should be kept
- What should be improved
- What should be rebuilt from scratch
- Engaging stakeholders
- Communication across the organisation
- Reviewing the new processes
6. Review of the effectiveness and cost effectiveness of the commercial processes
- What to focus on
- How to judge effectiveness
- Making re-assessment a standard part of this process.
Are you interested in running this course for your team or organisation?
This programme can be delivered on a date of your choice and at a location of your choice, in other words exactly where and when you need it!
From the outset we will provide you with expert advice and you will be assigned your own personal training adviser who will stay with you throughout the process. Every team is different so we will provide you with a tailored training programme, designed around your team’s needs and focused on your desired outcomes.
All courses are followed up by a full training evaluation report and certificates of learning for each delegate. For groups of up to 12 delegates per course, our in-company training is a very cost-effective way to develop your people and improve team performance.
Get in touch today for a full quotation to suit your budget. To discuss your requirements in more detail with one of our friendly advisers please call on 0845 130 5714 or email one of the team at email@example.com. Alternatively you can complete the short contact form below.