What is this course about?
An intensive two-day course, giving you a thorough grounding in the key commercial issues that are essential for business success. In today’s competitive environment, people in specialist roles are being seen as having more and more commercial responsibility. Increasingly, these roles drive the level of service and cost delivered to the customer.
Your business is influenced by the increasingly complex relationships that you forge with suppliers, customers and in-company departments.
Your commercial ability has a real impact on the prosperity of your business. It is therefore vital that you have the commercial know-how to deliver your full potential. This training programme has been designed to enable you to appreciate the key commercial issues for business success.
Key topics covered
- Introduction – what a contract is
- What constitutes a contract? – The essential principles:
- Background to Contract and the Law
- The exit clause
- Analysis of a contract
- Language and issues
- Defences against a breach of contract – and implications for contracts
- Payment terms
- Analysing a supplier contract
- Contract Management
Who would benefit?
- Contract managers / officers
- Marketing managers
- Business development managers
- Financial directors
- Managing directors
- Project managers / engineers
The objectives of the course are to:
- Outline the purpose and background to contracts, particularly under common law
- Indicate the relationship between common and statute law as it applies to contracts
- Guide non-specialists in how to approach contracts, how to use them for commercial purposes, and how to deliver against contracts
- Equip non-specialists with the basic skills in reading, understanding, and interpreting contracts
- Enhance their ability to identify the crucial issues in contracts and focus on them
- Provide a range of concepts and approaches that will ensure better contractual understanding and commitment
- Create an all-round awareness of how contracts inform most elements of commercial life
- Create an awareness of when specialist advice should be sought
Are you interested in running this course for your team or organisation?
This programme can be delivered on a date of your choice and at a location of your choice, in other words exactly where and when you need it!
From the outset we will provide you with expert advice and you will be assigned your own personal training adviser who will stay with you throughout the process. Every team is different so we will provide you with a tailored training programme, designed around your team’s needs and focused on your desired outcomes.
All courses are followed up by a full training evaluation report and certificates of learning for each delegate. For groups of up to 15 delegates per course, our in-company training is a very cost-effective way to develop your people and improve team performance.
Get in touch today for a full quotation to suit your budget. To discuss your requirements in more detail with one of our friendly advisers please call on 0845 130 5714 or email one of the team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can complete the short contact form below.