What is this course about?
Recent years have seen an explosion in outsourcing with forecasts that this trend will continue unabated. At the same time, two of the major management consulting organisations have recently published surveys which suggest high levels of dissatisfaction with the performance of outsourced service providers.
Analysis of the causes of dissatisfaction suggest three prime causes:
- The wrong supplier was selected. Often this is related to an inability of the client organisation to adequately specify the services required, the services levels and the remedies required. Often it is simply based on inadequate due diligence prior to contracting, or even focusing on the cheapest supplier rather than the best
- The contract was inadequate in covering the risks, and proposing how they would be dealt with
- Supplier management by the client organisation is reactive, superficial and even hands off
This one-day programme based on awarding and managing a number of hundred million pound contracts defines the key principles of the commercial approach which are required to get this increasingly important aspect of business under control.
Who would benefit?
This programme will be of value to procurement and other staff who are responsible for outsourcing major pieces of work and will also be valuable to those engaged in sourcing, specification or contract development and managing the outsourced service provider.
- Gain an increased understanding of the additional steps required when outsourcing
- The ability to diagnose what your organisation can do to improve its control over sourcing, contract development and supplier management in this area
- Explore the range of tools and techniques available to improve effectiveness in this area
- Benefit from guidance and advice on how to address specific issues causing problems
- Greater confidence in dealing with contractual issues
- Greater confidence in dealing with the legal teams involved
- Much more tightly focused contracts
- Better understanding of what win-win actually means in practice
- A better, stronger and more productive relationship between the contracting parties
Key topics covered
- The growth on outsourcing in recent years
- Recent surveys measuring satisfaction and dissatisfaction in this area
2. The key causes of failure and lessons which need to be learnt
- Finding and evaluating potential service providers
- Developing specifications and statements of requirements
- Developing contacts and statements of work
- Due diligence, obligations and dependencies
- Supplier and contract management
- Supplier Relationship Managementt
3. A seven step methodology for avoiding these pitfalls:
- Designing outcomes which drive the process
- Securing Senior Management commitment to strategic implications
- Understanding, managing and improving cost and performance
- Risk assessment, due diligence and supplier warranties
- Negotiating the commercial framework
- Managing the Transition from internal to external or from one supplier to another
- Governance and Supplier Relationship Management
4. Dealing with Poor Performance, disaster recovery and the wrong decisions
- Warning signs and KPI’s
- Business Continuity Plans
- Legal and contractual protection
- Re-letting the contract
5. Action Planning
- Getting back in control of the outsourced service provider
- Performance measurement dashboards and governance models
- Re-negotiating the contract
Are you interested in running this course for your team or organisation?
This programme can be delivered on a date of your choice and at a location of your choice, in other words exactly where and when you need it!
From the outset we will provide you with expert advice and you will be assigned your own personal training adviser who will stay with you throughout the process. Every team is different so we will provide you with a tailored training programme, designed around your team’s needs and focused on your desired outcomes.
All courses are followed up by a full training evaluation report and certificates of learning for each delegate. For groups of up to 12 delegates per course, our in-company training is a very cost-effective way to develop your people and improve team performance.
Get in touch today for a full quotation to suit your budget. To discuss your requirements in more detail with one of our friendly advisers please call on 0845 130 5714 or email one of the team at email@example.com. Alternatively you can complete the short contact form below.