What is this course about?
Negotiation skills are not readily transferable across cultures and countries. No course can hope to train anyone to negotiate successfully in a manner that will be applicable throughout the world. On the other hand, the principles of good negotiation and being able to learn how to negotiate across cultures are core skills that all international companies and managers need to understand.
This course takes experienced negotiators, or builds on the negotiation skills course, and helps them understand how to create a good negotiating style that will stand them in good stead throughout the world.
Key topics covered
- Analysis of negotiation itself, breaking it down into common factors and culture-specific factors
- Development of negotiations so that we create an awareness of what is always specific and what is always generic
- Methods of dealing with local negotiations
- Use of language, including body language
- Simulations and discussion
Who would benefit?
- Sales and marketing directors and sales managers
- Other CXOs
- Board members
- To create awareness of the transferable skills that good negotiators have and to create awareness of the non-transferable skills in negotiations across cultures and country boundaries
- To create an awareness of how to develop appropriate negotiation skills for a new environment and country
- To create an awareness of how to work with local skilled negotiators, thereby developing more of the learning culture that we inculcate and developing a continuous improvement process
- To develop the board’s understanding of how negotiations function in different environments.
Key topics covered
1. Analysis of negotiations
- What elements are likely to be present in any negotiation
- What elements are likely to be specific
- How to generalise the specific issues
- What makes a good negotiator
- Then the multicultural or cross cultural elements
2. The end results
- What is to be achieved by the negotiation, including a sale, reduction in costs, greater transparency between companies, better terms, better time scales, delivery of business benefits
- What is essential otherwise there will be no deal
- What can be modified
- What is the minimum requirement in each element
- How to introduce each of these elements and when (if at all)
- The same exercises for the other side
- Win win and quid pro quos
- Then the multi-cultural environment
3. Live exercises
- Establishing what is success for both sides
- Different scenarios and opportunities for negotiation
4. Interpersonal skills
- What it means in a cross-cultural environment
- What is normal and what is common
- Right brain, left brain
- Neuro-linguistic programming
- Transactional analysis
- Concessions and their use
5. Review and overview of negotiations
- What to look for in negotiating styles
- How to mentor people and manage negotiations
- How to judge when you have been successful during negotiations
- Further learning
Are you interested in running this course for your team or organisation?
This programme can be delivered on a date of your choice and at a location of your choice, in other words exactly where and when you need it!
From the outset we will provide you with expert advice and you will be assigned your own personal training adviser who will stay with you throughout the process. Every team is different so we will provide you with a tailored training programme, designed around your team’s needs and focused on your desired outcomes.
All courses are followed up by a full training evaluation report and certificates of learning for each delegate. For groups of up to 12 delegates per course, our in-company training is a very cost-effective way to develop your people and improve team performance.
Get in touch today for a full quotation to suit your budget. To discuss your requirements in more detail with one of our friendly advisers please call on 0845 130 5714 or email one of the team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can complete the short contact form below.